Skip to content
How to get started photo

How to Get Started

College of Education

  1. Complete online application and submit application fee.
  2. Submit official transcripts.
    • U.S. Transcripts: Official transcripts from all senior or four-year institutions are required. Official transcripts are those mailed directly to the University of Texas at Arlington Office of Graduate Studies by the Registrar of the institution of attendance OR official original "issued to student" transcript with the official university seal and signature of the Registrar of the institution of attendance. Official original "issued to student" transcripts may be mailed or hand-carried to the Office of Graduate Studies.
    • UT Arlington Transcripts: The Office of Graduate Studies has access to UT Arlington transcripts. Therefore, currently or previously enrolled UT Arlington students do not need to request their UT Arlington transcript be forwarded to the Graduate School from the UT Arlington Office of Records (Registrar.)
    • Foreign Country Transcripts: Official foreign country transcripts or marksheets and diplomas are those bearing the original seal of the institution and the original signature of the Registrar or responsible head of the institution. Those not issued in English must be accompanied by an exact word-for-word original English translation bearing the original university or translation agency attestation. Upon written request original documents will be returned to the applicant.
    • Send transcripts to:
      UT Arlington Graduate Admissions
      UTA Box 19167
      701 S Nedderman Dr.
      Davis Hall Room 332
      Arlington, TX 76019
  3. Submit additional documents as directed on the admission requirements page.
  4. Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
    • Submit scores to the University of Texas Arlington using our school code, 6013. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required of all graduate students and should be submitted prior to beginning the program. Students may be able to enroll without GRE scores, but the GRE scores must be submitted before students can enroll in their third course.
    • Register for the GRE
    • Take the GRE practice test

Information for Permanent Residents and International Applicants

At this time, the program is only open to United States Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders), and individuals who hold an H1-B Visa. In addition to items 1 through 3 above, the following materials must be submitted:

  • Lawful Permanent Residents: Submit a copy of your Resident Alien Card (green card).
  • International Applicants (H1-B Status): Submit proof of current visa status.
  • The TOEFL or IELTS is required if an applicant's native language is not English or if the applicant does not hold a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. However, students may apply without the TOEFL or IELTS GRE and be considered for provisional admission. While there is no guarantee that provisional admission will be granted, if it is approved, take the TOEFL or IELTS right away. It typically takes 10-15 business days for scores to be sent after they are requested, and an additional two weeks for processing after receipt in the Office of Graduate Studies. You must take the test in time for your results to arrive and be processed in the Office of Graduate Studies before completion of the second course. Those wishing to pursue a waiver of this requirement should contact the graduate advisor.

Admission FAQs


College of Nursing and Health Innovation

Residents of these states are not eligible to enroll in our RN to BSN or MSN programs: Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, New York, Tennessee and Washington. Residents of Alabama and Utah are not eligible to enroll in our MSN programs. Students residing in any of these states who are currently enrolled in a program may continue without interruption. The MSN — Family Nurse Practitioner program is offered to Texas residents only.

  1. Complete online application and submit application fee.
    • If you are an employee of an Academic Partnerships facility, you will need to use your Academic Partnerships code for the application. If you are not an employee of an Academic Partnerships facility, you will need to use the following code: "NOCODE". If you do not know your Academic Partnerships code, call an enrollment specialist at 866-489-2810.
  2. Submit official documents.
    • Request all official transcripts be sent directly to UT Arlington from all colleges or universities attended. Save time by requesting that transcripts be sent electronically.
    • Send second paper application along with HESI A2 Score

Send all required documents to:

Undergraduate Applicants:
UT Arlington Admissions Office
Box 19114
701 S Nedderman Dr.
Arlington, TX 76019-0114

Graduate and Post-Graduate Applicants:
UT Arlington Graduate Admissions
UTA Box 19167
701 S Nedderman Dr.
Davis Hall Room 332
Arlington TX 76019

Admission FAQs

Get Started Now
Talk with an Enrollment Specialist
All fields required.
Call Us
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend UTA or to purchase any other goods or services.
Apply Now Financial Aid
© 2017 University of Texas at Arlington Academic Partnerships