- Log into MyMav
- Enter your "Net ID" and "Password" in the top left hand corner and click "Sign In". You will see the phrase ENABLE ACCESSIBILITY MODE. It should remain unchecked so you can see all the available portal options.
- Once you are signed in click on the STUDENT CENTER button located on the right side of the screen below REGISTER FOR CLASSES. If an emergency contact page comes up please confirm it. If you do not see the STUDENT CENTER button then look on the left side of the screen and click on:
- MY CLASSES
- CLASS SEARCH
- You are now in "Student Center" so click "Search" located under "Academics"
- Now select the correct term
- Next you will search for the course subject. If you are looking for a Nursing course you will enter "NURS", if you are looking for a non-nursing course, for example "MATH 1302", you will enter "MATH", and so on. You can also click on SELECT SUBJECT to see a list.
- Now you will enter the course number. If you are looking for NURS 3645, you will enter 3645.
- Now click "Search"
- Scroll down until you find your course. The section should say "DYNAMIC" and the room will need to say "OFF WEB." So if you are looking for "NURS 3645 Section 501 class number 23438", look for "501-LEC (23438)".
- Next, click on the "Select Class" button.
- On the next screen click "Next" and continue clicking "Next" until the class has been added to your shopping cart.
- On the next screen, inside the shopping cart, check the box next to each class name and click "Enroll".
- Finally, on the next screen click "Finish Enrolling". If you get a hold message, contact your advisor.
- To register for more than one class, click "add another class" and repeat the steps.
- When done, you can click "My Class Schedule" to see all your enrolled classes.
You must contact your academic advisor within your major via email no later than 4 PM CT on the last day to register or the last day to drop a course(s) in order for the request to be processed the same day. Any requests received after 4 PM CT on weekends or holidays will be considered as received the following business day and processed as such. Backdating to the previous business day will not be allowed. If a request is received by the student's major advisor after 4 PM CT on the deadline for the last day to registrar or the last day to drop, the request may not be reviewed or processed.
Check here for the last day to drop a class by start date and course length.
To drop a course before the first day of class:
- It is the student's responsibility to drop a course before the first day of class.
- If a student has decided to drop a course before the first day of class it is advised that they attempt to drop the course before 4 pm (CT) on the Friday before the course starts. This is so that they can contact their academic advisor if they have any difficulties dropping the course.
- If a student waits until after 4 pm (CT) prior to the first day of class and has difficulties dropping the course then they cannot contact their academic advisor before the first day of class. Since it is the student's responsibility to drop they will be subject to the refund policy when their advisor drops them from the course on Monday.
- For directions on how to drop a course please read this PDF: How to Drop a Course
To drop a course on or after the first day of class:
- Fill out the drop form
- Save the form and email it to your Academic Advisor.
- All drop requests must be sent via email to your academic advising team and include the completed drop form. You must use your MyMav email address. To locate your academic advising team, click here https://www.uta.edu/conhi/students/advising/index.php
- Drops can only be requested through email. Do not call! If you call you will be instructed to email in your request. This is because dropping is a serious matter and we need documentation that (a) you understand the consequences of dropping and (b) are sure you want to drop the course.
- Drop requests must be submitted by 4:00 PM CT in order for a drop to be processed that day. If a drop request is submitted after 4:00 PM CT it will be processed the next day. Students who submit a drop request after 4:00 PM CT will be subject to the next business day's refund or drop deadline policies.