You must contact your academic advisor within your major via email no later than 4 PM CT on the last day to register or the last day to drop a course(s) in order for the request to be processed the same day. Any requests received after 4 PM CT on weekends or holidays will be considered as received the following business day and processed as such. Backdating to the previous business day will not be allowed. If a request is received by the student's major advisor after 4 PM CT on the deadline for the last day to registrar or the last day to drop, the request may not be reviewed or processed.
Check here for the last day to drop a class by start date and course length.
To drop a course before the first day of class:
- It is the student's responsibility to drop a course before the first day of class.
- If a student has decided to drop a course before the first day of class it is advised that they attempt to drop the course before 4 pm (CT) on the Friday before the course starts. This is so that they can contact their academic advisor if they have any difficulties dropping the course.
- If a student waits until after 4 pm (CT) prior to the first day of class and has difficulties dropping the course then they cannot contact their academic advisor before the first day of class. Since it is the student's responsibility to drop they will be subject to the refund policy when their advisor drops them from the course on Monday.
- For directions on how to drop a course please read this PDF: How to Drop a Course
To drop a course on or after the first day of class:
- Fill out the drop form
- Save the form and email it to your Academic Advisor.
- All drop requests must be sent via email to your academic advising team and include the completed drop form. You must use your MyMav email address. To locate your academic advising team, click here https://www.uta.edu/conhi/students/advising/index.php
- Drops can only be requested through email. Do not call! If you call you will be instructed to email in your request. This is because dropping is a serious matter and we need documentation that (a) you understand the consequences of dropping and (b) are sure you want to drop the course.
- Drop requests must be submitted by 4:00 PM CT in order for a drop to be processed that day. If a drop request is submitted after 4:00 PM CT it will be processed the next day. Students who submit a drop request after 4:00 PM CT will be subject to the next business day's refund or drop deadline policies.